Strolling through Target today I stumbled across Birch Benders pancake mixes. I've ordered these mixes online in the past and was pretty thrilled to see them in Target AND to notice that Target was carrying their seasonal Pumpkin Spice mix! I know its getting close to Christmas and we are supposed to be getting all into Peppermint and Candy Cane everything, but I'm not quite ready to move on from Fall and my deep love for pumpkin spice. So naturally I was forced to purchase the pancake mix and create a delicious post workout treat for myself :)
I love Birch Benders mix because 1) All you have to do to make pancakes is add water, how much simpler could it get? 2) They use 100% non-GMO and organic ingredients 3) They are fat free which makes them optimal for post workout gains 4) They get super fluffy when you cook them, and taste amazing.
So here is my go to recipe for quick 5 minute protein pancakes. And of course you can create your own flavor combo by using a different flavor mix and a different flavor protein powder.
- 1/2 cup Birch Benders Pancake mix (Pumpkin Spice)
- 25g Protein Powder (Vanilla Iso-100 by Dymatize)
- 4 oz water
- Butter Spray + Sugar Free Syrup + Light whipped cream to top!
- Preheat skillet to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray with coconut oil spray.
- Mix ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour batter onto skillet.
- Flip pancakes once bubbles start to form and the bottoms of the pancakes are golden brown.
- Top with butter spray, sugar free syrup and/or light whipped cream.
Stack your finished cakes onto a plate and top them as you choose!